Do you struggle to find healthy and gluten free snacks that you can eat? The reality is that this can be a challenge if you do not prepare ahead or you can end up spending a lot of money on gluten free crackers, granola bars, etc.? However, with just a couple of hours of work you can prepare a month’s worth of healthy and gluten free snacks and be prepared for on the go snacking or meals. Here are some tips to make this happen as well as my favorite healthy gluten free snacks.
1. Buy a package of snack sized plastic baggies and another larger one. Make sure that you always have these on hand for preparing your month’s worth of healthy and gluten free snacks.
2. Buy your favorites ahead of time. I recommend Amazon since they sell many of these things in bulk at for a lower cost. However, for some things like nuts, Costco or Sam’s Club usually has better deals.
3. Commit to spending the 2 hours or so that it will take to get ready. I like to do this on a Sunday night. I layout everything on the kitchen counter and put them all together.
4. Have one storage place for keeping everything. I recommend a couple of large tupperware containers for most of it, although I few of my favorites do need to be kept in the fridge.
Here is a list of my favorite healthy and gluten free snacks.
1. Humas with carrot and celery sticks. Wash, slice up and put in baggies the carrots and celery ahead of time.
2. YumEarth Organics Gluten-Free Fruit Snacks with Real Fruit Juice, 40 Count I don’t recommend most other brands as they are not organic, may have GMOS and are sometimes even not gluten free.
3. Sun Maid Pitted Dates, 8-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 5) These are significantly cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else.
4. Mixed nut bags. I like to combine almonds, walnuts, pecans and cashews.
5. An apple- yes this makes a great snack.
6. Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies Variety Pack, 6-Ounce (Pack of 6) Yes these can get expensive and you don’t want to eat too many of these but if you get these on Amazon, they aren’t too expensive.
7. Peanut butter with celery sticks. I recommend only organic or Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter Crunchy (2x16oz) This kind has coconut oil added in and is very good.
8. An avocado
What is your favorite healthy and gluten free snack. Share with me in the comments below.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me