What are your favorite budget friendly self care activities? If you don’t have any, or you struggle to come up with ideas, then you will want to keep reading. Self care activities are a must for living happy and healthy for everyone but when you have an autoimmune condition, practicing self care can be a matter of life and death.
So without any more time wasting- here are my 25 simple self care activities you can do without breaking the bank.
- Do a meditation for 10-15 minutes. You can either use a video from youtube with a meditation or download an app such as Insight Timer or Calm to help you.
- Go for a walk.
- Go for a drive up a canyon or anywhere else where you can view nature.
- Get grounded outside by walking around outside for about 20-30 minutes.
- Inhale some of your favorite smelling essential oils.
- Enjoy a piece of dark chocolate.
- Find a dog to play with or take care of for a short time.
- Get a massage. If you want to do it on a budget- check out a massage school with students. I do this all the time and it is great.
- Get an acupuncture treatment. Yes really. It is amazing how this can feel. Even if you think you don’t need it. I like to go to community clinics for treatments on a budget and self care.
- Make a flavored water drink with fruit in it and drink it. I like to add strawberries to my water.
- Watch a funny movie or TV series. One of my favorites is an oldie but goodie Mister Ed.
- Go window shopping. Be strict about not buying anything and just enjoying the experience.
- Get a pedicure or manicure. I like to get pedicures more frequently because they last longer and are harder for me to do on myself. If you really don’t have the budget, you can get the supplies and try to give yourself one.
- Take a hot bath with epsom salts and essential oils.
- Use a foot bath to soak and relax your feet.
- Go swimming or soak in a hot tub.
- Take a cat nap. Yes really, just make sure you don’t sleep for more than 30 minutes.
- Cook your favorite dinner and really take the time to enjoy it and savor it.
- Rub yourself with your favorite smelling body lotion.
- Listen to and even dance if you want to a few of your favorite songs.
- Buy yourself some flowers. Even cheap ones if you need to in order to stick to your budget. Or you can find some flowers to pick for free as long as the place you go is legal.
- Make yourself a cup of your favorite herbal tea and take the time to really enjoy it.
- Read a favorite book for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Do a puzzle or a single person game. I really like sudoku or crossword puzzles.
- Buy a cheap new outfit. You can get it from the clearance section or at a thrift store.
Which one of these self care activities is your favorite? Do you have a favorite self care activity I didn’t include? Share it with me in the comments below.