Some people think that a gluten free diet is a fad and while that may be true for a small percentage of people who follow a gluten free diet exclusively because they think it will help them lose weight, a gluten free diet is not a fad for the majority of people.
1. Celiac disease is a very real and serious condition and anyone who has it should absolutely not eat any gluten ever. Period. There is no debating this.
2. Gluten intolerance is a very real condition despite the denial that this condition exists by many doctors. Some people estimate that up to 15% of the U.S. population has a gluten sensitivity. One of these is Dr. Amy Myers with this article on 3 Reasons to Give Up Gluten. She also says that gluten is connected in one way or another to 55 different diseases.
3. Gluten free is a crucial part of many diets that have been proven to work and to improve the health of a lot of people. This includes diets like the paleo diet.
4. Wheat which is the number one source of gluten has been engineered and modified and sprayed with chemicals to the point that it can no longer be considered a health food. This is evidenced by the research and books such as the Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
5. Many of the most highly processed food and the foods that have the most sugar also have gluten in them. While there are gluten free foods that also are processed and have sugar, if you go gluten free odds are good that you will by default eat less sugar.
Do you think that a gluten free diet is a fad? or have you benefited health wise with a gluten free diet? I’d love to hear in the comments.
If you’re curious to know my personal strategies that have already helped thousands of people improve their health and live a gluten free lifestyle easily and at a lower cost, click here to learn more.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.