Do you struggle to conquer discomfort? Do you feel like discomfort in various parts of your body is getting in the way of your ability to have maximum health and wellness? Do you have children who struggle with discomfort as well? This is a common problem so keep reading for my 10 ways to conquer discomfort.
- Move. This may sound too simple, however, it really works. If you sit or stay still for too long, then often this can make your muscles especially in your knees and back sore and cause discomfort and moving them can provide relief.
- Along with number one exercise. Just moving around can help, but actually going for a walk, going up and down the stairs, doing Zumba, rolling on a red exercise ball etc, these things can help even more.
- Use soothing essential oils. These include oils such as lavender, frankincense, and peppermint which can help soothe the area that is experiencing discomfort and help to reduce inflammation.
- Apply an ice pack. Cold can really help to conquer discomfort. However, you need to do this for 10-15 minutes at a time every day in order for it to be effective. You can also consider trying Cryotherapy as well. This is a therapy where you lower your body temperature to extreme cold for 2-3 minutes.
- Apply heat. Just like cold can work to help reduce discomfort, heat can work as well. My favorite way is to use a heat pack that can be heated in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and then applied to the area. By the same token, Infraraed Sauna can also help too.
- Consider your diet. This is an often underestimated strategy but yes the food you eat can really affect the levels of discomfort you experience. Examples include the chemicals in soda and processed food. Especially things like MSG have been proven to increase discomfort in some people.
- Try acupuncture. Yes really. Even if you are afraid of needles you need to just try it. It can be very helpful. In most cases you will need to do several sessions in order for it to be effective.
- Try chiropractic. Yes it can help with all parts of your body and not just your back. If you haven’t been doing chiropractic or acupuncture, I recommend you try one of these first for a few months and then consider either doing both or switching to the other one.
- Reduce or eliminate sugar. Yes really sugar can also affect your discomfort level as well as other aspects of your health.
- Find out the root cause. See a doctor or some kind of health care professional if you haven’t already. Functional medicine doctors are usually the best bet to getting real solutions and not just pills.
What have you done to conquer discomfort? Feel free to share with me in the comments below.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.