As an adult I still follow the autism and ADHD Diet. If you are curious to know why, then keep reading. Yes I was on this diet as a child and I quit for awhile as a teenager and young adult. However, I’ve been back on it (well most of the time) for 7 years now. I’ve broken it a few times (especially the cheese part) during my last trip to France and on a few special occasions. But for the most part I’m still doing it. I’m very strictly gluten free though.
There are a variety of reasons why I still eat this way.
- I feel a lot better. At the end of the day, this is really the number one reason.
- I have digestive issues, allergies, and auto-immune issues that are a lot better when I stick to gluten free/dairy free (casein free) too.
- I have more energy when I continue to follow this eating plan.
- Even though I’m on adult on the autism spectrum, this doesn’t mean that my sensory and other autism issues have disappeared. Yes I am doing a lot better than I was as a child, however, I still have challenges.
- My emotional health, brain function and focus and concentration is miles better than when I don’t follow it.
If you want some information on what the autism and ADHD diet is and how to follow it, read here.
In short, one of the questions I get asked a lot, is “How long will my child need to follow the autism and ADHD diet?” My answer is that they can stop, but most will do better if they are on it forever. Is it hard? Of course, it is. But I think it’s worth it and I can help you if you need it.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.