I’ve been writing a series about gut health and if you’ve read any of my other posts, then you must know that gut health foods and changing your diet is a must for ultimate gut health.
That said, it can be harder to eat a diet full of gut healthy foods than you might think. So keep reading and I’ll share with you my ten favorite gut healthy foods and how to eat them.
- Kombucha- this fermented drink is available at virtually all grocery stores and has a vinegary taste. It comes in a lot of flavors and is a really good source of probiotics. However, if you have a big candida problem then you probably should avoid it.
- Kefir- This is a probiotic and fermented product similar to yogurt. You can get it with a milk base or a water base. Some stores also have it made with an almond milk or coconut milk base. You can also buy milk kefir grains or water kefir grains and make your own kefir.
- Beets- Yes really. Beets are an amazing gut healthy food and are also really good for cleaning out your kidneys. I like to just cook them and eat them at dinner with other veggies or meat.
- Pickles- Yes really. Pickles are really just fermented cucumbers and when eaten by themselves or as part of a salad or other dishes can actually be really good for your gut.
- Cabbage-Yes that green round vegetable that you often find in soups or stir fries. It is really good for you and your gut.
- Yogurt- Most yogurts have probiotics that are good for your gut, however, they are not all created equal. If you have a dairy allergy or sensitivity then you want to avoid dairy based yogurt and try instead a non-dairy yogurt made from almond or coconut milk.
- Bone Broth- This is hands down the best gut healthy food there is. You can either make your own with the bones from meat, or buy it boxed or canned at the store. If you do buy it at the store, make sure it is organic and really high quality. You can either heat it up and drink it by itself, or use it to make a soup with some veggies. This is one of my favorite books on bone broth. Bone Broth: The Bone Broth Diet An Age-old Remedy to Fight Aging, Heal your Body, Lose Weight and Improve your Health
- Pumpkin- Believe it or not pumpkin is actually good for you. (No, not pumpkin pie full of sugar and flour) but actual pumpkin. You can either buy a pumpkin and use it to cook with, or buy canned pumpkin without the added sugars and use it in soups, or to make gluten free dairy free pumpkin muffins or other goods. You can find a lot of recipes for these on Pinterest. I don’t really have a favorite one as I’m not a huge pumpkin person but pumpkin is really good for you.
- Coconut- yes really. Coconut in all forms is great for you gut health so eat up. Either coconut chips, coconut strips, coconut milk, coconut water and so on.
- Sweet Potatoes- No, not white potatoes but sweet potatoes. I know you may not like them as a lot of people I know say they don’t, but if you prepare them properly they can be quite good. I really like making sweet potato fries for example by baking them with some salt and olive oil. You can also bake them like baked potatoes and then add a little butter or olive oil or even a taste of honey, organic sugar or stevia and enjoy.
Which one of these gut healthy foods is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.