Dealing with food allergies and food intolerances can be a real pain. That said, there are ways to follow a special diet without going crazy. Personally I have a lot of food allergies and intolerances many of which are common foods that are in a lot of restaurant foods, prepared foods and even many store bought foods. As a result, I have learned a lot about how to manage a special diet without going crazy.
1. Plan out your meals at least one week in advance. I have found that this is a must in order to stick to your diet and to have optimum health.
2. Keep a food diary. This is a good idea for a lot of people but when you have to keep track of what you eat and when for food intoerlances then a food diary is a must.
3. Allow yourself to indulge in small amounts of foods that may not be the healthiest but that are not a problem for you. Most people with food intolerances or allergies have such restricted diets, that it is okay to eat some sugar or other things that aren’t the best for your health without feeling guilty.
4. Find ways to get support from others who are living with the same or similar food challenges. You can join facebook groups, find local groups on meetup.com, follow people on twitter, or network with others you know.
5. Get ideas for new recipes for food you can eat by reading blogs, looking at a variety of cookbooks, pinterest and facebook. Focus on what you can have rather than what you can’t.
6. Avoid temptations by limiting the amount of time you spent in the presence of others who are eating the foods you cannot eat.
7. Be greateful that you are healthy and that there are plenty of foods you can have.
What else would you add?Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.