Do you love mashed potatoes as much as I do? I know mashed potatoes are one of my favorite Thanksgiving and really anytime recipes. Yet ever since I had to give up dairy products, I’ve had to experiment with various ways of making dairy free mashed potatoes. Here are 12 of either my own recipes, or of those I’ve found online.
1. Mash potatoes with a pinch of salt, 1 cup of coconut milk per 2 cups of potatoes and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Use the same recipe as number 1 only use almond milk.
3. Mix and mash potatoes with coconut oil and a pinch of salt. You want to use just enough to get the coconut flavor without overdoing it. Usually about 1 tablespoon per 2 large potatoes is a nice amount.
4. Mix and mash potatoes with olive oil and 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast per 2 large potatoes. This makes for a nice twist on a “cheesy” dish of dairy free mashed potatoes.
5. Use cauliflower instead of potatoes and blend them in a blender with a pinch of salt and coconut or almond milk.
6. Use half potatoes and half cauliflower and make the same recipe as in number 5.
7. Mix potatoes with olive oil and garlic spice mix. You can use a straight garlic one, or one that has garlic and a few other spices.
8. Make a rosemary and thyme version by mixing the potatoes with coconut or almond milk, a pinch of salt and some sprinkled rosemary and thyme herbs.
9. Make a version of dairy free mashed potatoes with chicken broth.
12. Mix potatoes with olive oil and herbes de provence herb mix.
Got a favorite dairy free mashed potatoes recipe that I forgot? Please share in the comments below.