Have you ever considered flavoring tin foil dinners with essential oils? If you are like most people you haven’t. Yet if you know how to do this properly, you can make healthier dinners while camping that have fewer calories and less fat and yet taste delicious by taking advantage of the flavors in essential oils.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Make sure that the essential oils you are using are either a food grade or are labeled as safe for internal use. This is not true of all essential oils so you need to double check the ones you are using first.
2. Decide which essential oils you want to use with your tin foil dinners. Personally the best ones I’ve found are:
If you are cooking anything sweet you can also try Cinnamon or Cassia.
These oils are the best because they are also those which usually are used in an herb or spice format when cooking tin foil dinners.
3. While the number of combinations that you can cook are nearly endless. My favorites include: lemon with any kind of chicken or fish, cilantro with any chicken or fish and or anything with tomatoes in it. Basil is also good with any kind of tomato dish. Eggs with black pepper, thyme, or cilantro. Vegetables with cilantro, thyme, and or basil. Basil or black pepper and lemon also goes really well with potato dishes.
4. Use only 1-3 drops per tin foil dinner depending upon how much food is inside the tin foil. This is crucial as essential oils are very potent and using more than that is too much and will overwhelm you with too much flavor.
5. Cook your tin foil dinner just like you would without essential oils.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.