Are you wrecking your immune health without realizing it? If you are doing any of these 10 things, then you need to stop today. Immune health has obviously become more and more important over the past few years. If you are sick a lot, this is a sign that your immune health isn’t as strong and balanced as it should be. Keep reading to learn what these 10 things are that are wrecking your immune health.
- Drinking soda. This is the worst one. While this list isn’t necessarily in order, the reality is that drinking soda is one of the worst things you can do for your immune health. Not only is it very high in sugar, but the chemicals in soda make it a terrible idea for your immune system as well as your teeth and other parts of your body. If you are drinking soda more than once or twice a year, you need to start cutting back and eventually stopping completely. If you need help with this, schedule a wellness consultation with me.
- Eating too much sugar. Although if you have an autoimmune condition like most of you reading this, you should try to eliminate all non-fruit, monk fruit, or stevia sweeteners from your diet period. If you can’t or don’t want to do that, then focus on only eating one or two treats per month and avoiding added sugars in sauces, meats, and more.
- Not going outside. While many of us are indoors more right now due to the pandemic, you really must go outside everyday for at least 10 minutes. Ideally you will go outside for longer but you must get at least a few minutes of fresh air and Vitamin D.
- Not taking supplements if you need them. In the United States, most of us are deficient in Vitamin D and a lot of us can really use more B12, Vitamin C, and Zinc. If you don’t know what you need, get your blood tested to find out.
- Eating out all the time. If you are eating out more than once a week, you need to start cooking at home more. Eating out is not good for your immune health and is not as healthy as if you cook your own food.
- Avoid eating processed foods. Processed foods are terrible for your immune system. Learn how to cook meals from scratch with vegetables, meats and whole gluten free grains.
- Do everything you can to reduce the amount of stress in your life. Stress is not only horrible for your immune health but for the rest of your health too.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night. If this isn’t happening on a regular basis, you need to find out why. If you already know why you aren’t sleeping then you need to stop wrecking your immune health by doing everything you can to fix it. Getting adequate sleep is a must for other aspects of your health as well.
- Not focusing on doing everything you can to have a strong immune system. Learning about immune health and what you can do to fix it and then taking action. Your immune system won’t just be strong, you have to be proactive to get it healthier.
- Find out if you have any food sensitivities and work on avoiding those foods. If certain foods bother you, they can affect not only your digestive system but also your immune system. Take my food sensitivities quiz if you aren’t sure.
Chat with me