Do you struggle with improving focus when working on a project, or working or really at any time in your life? This is a common problem for a lot of us. Improving focus can be even more difficult for those of us with sensory issues or other special challenges. However, I’m learned over the years, a variety of tips that can work to help improve focus.
- Put away everything else you are working on. Keep only one browser window/tab open etc. While I often like to keep multiple tabs open to keep track of all the projects I need to work on, sometimes it can also be distracting and it can improve your focus to only have one window open at the same time.
- Use essential oils. It can help to just smell a few of these or put them in the diffuser.
- Go outside for a few minutes. Sometimes you just need fresh air and it is amazing what going outside can do to improve your focus.
- Make sure you are working on only things that are really important to your long term goals. This can be a big one. One common reason you may be struggling with focus is because you are working on things you don’t really value or find to be important.
- Take 1 minute to breathe. Just like going outside, sometimes you just need to stop and breathe to gain focus. Yes, it really can be that simple.
- Count to 10. Yes, sometimes this can work great too.
- Listen to some classical music. There are a lot of research studies that have proven that listening to classical music can improve your ability to focus.
- Take a break. Sometimes you just need one.
- Avoid trying to work on too many things at once. This is related to number one. Most people even if they think they can multi-task, they really can’t.
- Work on something else. Sometimes you just need to change your focus to a different project or task entirely. This doesn’t mean you can’t come back to what you were working on later.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.