Do you eat enough vegetables every day? If you are like 99% of the population in the United States, the answer is probably no. In my experience as a health coach, I find when doing my free consultations that too many people are eating very few to almost no vegetables. In fact, it’s not uncommon for me to ask people to tell me what they are eating on a daily basis and for their daily intake menu to have no vegetables listed. However, I do find that once I ask people, “Where are the vegetables?” that most people are eating a few however, their daily vegetable intake is so low that they forget they are even eating them. This is one of the most common problems when it comes to nutrition. Vegetables should be the number one food that you eat and you should be eating more vegetables than anything else including fruit, meat and grains.
So why don’t most people eat enough vegetables? I find that it is usually because they aren’t in the habit, or because they lack the knowledge of the best ways to eat more vegetables so that they are easy to eat and so that they taste good. Most of the time people find that they really like vegetables, they just need help including more of them in their diet.
So here are five of the best ways and the easiest ways I’ve found to eat more vegetables on a regular basis:
1. Drink a green smoothie. Green smoothies by default always have a high amount of vegetables since the base is some kind of green vegetable. The most common being kale and spinach. However, green collards, and bulk choy are really good as well. I always add in a banana and usually some other kind of fruit as well to make it taste good.
2. Make an egg omelette and instead of loading it with cheese and ham or other fats and meats with no vegetables, add in some spinach, broccoli, green peppers, mushrooms, and or onions. Vegetables omelettes are really good and they are an easy way to eat more vegetables.
3. Make rice or quinoa pileups for dinner at least once a week. These is an easy to serve meal and naturally includes a lot of vegetables. I recommend peas and or broccoli, celery, green and or red peppers, pineapple, mushrooms, onions, chicken and or some kind of fish, or beef and a little bit of cheese or butter if you can have them and are not restricted on eating dairy products.
4. Instead of eating a sandwich with bread, make a lettuce wrap sandwich. The best kind of lettuce for this is an iceburg head with large leaves. You then put your meat, avocado, sprouts, cheese- if you are eating it, and anything else inside the piece of lettuce and wrap it up.
5. Make roasted vegetables whenever you have a barbecue. It’s really easy to just put up and throw on the grill some pieces of carrot, onion, green pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, potato, turnips, and other vegetables. Plus they taste great without all the added fat.
What other easy ways have you found to eat more vegetables? Share them with me in the comments below?Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.