Have you read any paleo cookbooks? I’ve read a few and I found that the cookbook- Easy Paleo Snacks Cookbook: Over 125 Satisfying Recipes for a Healthy Paleo Diet is one of the best.
While I’m not doing paleo anymore, I did do paleo at one point. See my blog post about it: Why I Quit Paleo and I still do eat some paleo snacks and meals.
So here are 5 things I learned about easy paleo snacks by reading this book:
1. Finding paleo substitutes for foods that aren’t paleo is actually pretty easy to do. This cookbook even comes with a list of recommendations.
2. While there are lots of complicated paleo snacks that require a lot of cooking time, and lots of ingredients including some that may be expensive or hard to find, there are also a lot of as the title implies- easy paleo snacks that don’t and this cookbook does a good job of this.
3. Coconut milk, almond milk, cocoa powder, berries, nut butters, bananas and greens are some of the best paleo staples to keep in stock in order to make easy paleo snacks.
4. Smoothies, chips and bars are some of the best paleo snacks so if you enjoy eating these, then you will love this cookbook. If not, then you will either need to learn to like them or find another cookbook.
5. You better love coconut and almond if you want to have success with paleo and make it easy. Otherwise it will be a lot more difficult to make easy paleo snacks work for you.
Bonus tip: Setting aside a few hours each week to make a large batch of 2-3 of these recipes is the best way to have plenty to eat on the go all week long.