Allergy friendly snack recipes can be a challenge. It’s even worse if you are working with children who have food allergies and who are picky eaters and who need to have healthy allergy free snacks that they can eat. Furthermore, if you are like most people including me you are on the go a lot and need to have healthy allergy free snacks that you can take with you as a grab and go. Personally, I really like to keep nut packs with me in addition to the following recipes but some people and especially children are allergic to nuts, so here are some ideas for people who are gluten free, dairy free, sugar-free, and nut free.
1. Hummus and carrots and celery sticks. You can buy and make your own hummus that is either plain or flavored. Personally I really like red pepper or avocado flavored hummus as well as plain.
2. Ants on a log. This is celery sticks with either peanut butter, almond butter, or if you cannot have nuts, sun butter is a great alternative to raisins.
3. Gluten free crackers with hummus, or sun butter.
4. Coconut or almond milk yogurt. More and more stores are starting to carry this.
5. Organic fruit snacks. These are usually much healthier and many times don’t have the additives and allergens that regular ones do. I love Annie’s Homegrown Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks Variety Pack 0.8 Oz (24 ct)
6. Apple slices with sun butter.
7. Enjoy life bars, cookies and other products. Enjoy Life Cookies review All of these companies products are top 8 allergen free and they taste delicious.
8. Crispy Rice Treats This recipe calls for peanut butter but you can change it to almond butter, or sun butter if peanuts are an allergen for you. These do not have any gluten, dairy or sugar in them.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me