Do you have an over abundance of summer squash laying around either from your garden or from others who have given it to you? I know I sure do. I love eating summer squash, however, sometimes trying to find different summer squash recipes that allow me to enjoy it without getting sick of it, can be difficult. That said, I’ve found five really delicious summer squash recipes that allow you to use it up and still have a variety and delicious healthy recipes.
- Stuffed Zucchini- There are endless options here. Recently my sister and I had a very large zucchini (so large it was almost the size of our 11 month old niece), that we were trying to use up. We made a mixture of cooked chicken, white rice, canned black beans, sliced onion and green pepper and a mix of spices and put it into the zucchini and baked it. It was really yummy. You could also use quinoa, or do tomatoes and chicken just to give you a few other ideas.
- Zucchini Bread- There are endless variations. Since I’m gluten free I have to use gluten free flour for this summer squash recipe. Last week I made some using quinoa flour and while it turned out fine, it was more like a bread as it wasn’t sweet at all. If you can I’d recommend using something like Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour, or almond flour or brown rice flour would work well. Next time I plan to try a mix rather than straight quinoa flour.
- Zucchini Soup- There are lots of variations on this but the basic idea is that you cook the zucchini and blend it with butter or olive oil and coconut or almond milk and spices.
- Zucchini Stir Fry- You can make different various of this to create several different summer squash recipes but my favorite is this: saute onion, zucchini, mushrooms and chicken in olive oil, then serve with some brown rice or red potatoes.
- Zoodles- This is where you use a zoodle machine to make noodles out of zucchini. You can then use them to make spaghetti, or any other recipe you like where you would normally use other noodles.
Chat with me