Do you use gluten free cookbooks? Do you have a favorite gluten free cookbook? I have used a lot of gluten free cookbooks and I have several that are my favorites. Learn about my favorite gluten free cooks with this video.
I was craving something different for breakfast so I decided to experiment with making some gluten free pancakes using both buckwheat and amaranth flours. I’ve made buckwheat gluten free pancakes before but never tried making them with amaranth flour. I happened to have some amaranth flour I bought on sale a few months ago from Vitacost and wanted to put it to good use. The result is the following recipe. Note: I was so hungry I ate all the pancakes without taking a picture, so the picture isn’t my pancakes but they did look a lot like those in the picture.
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Cup Amaranth Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Non-Dairy Milk (I used Almond Milk)
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil ( I used olive oil but coconut oil or others would work good.)
- Optional: cinnamon- I mixed in a few tablespoons
- Mix together everything.
- Spoon out or ladle out onto a medium hot griddle, sprayed with cooking spray and cook until bubbles are well-formed around the edges of pancakes, turn and cook other side. Serve with warn maple syrup, or raw honey, fresh fruit or applesauce.
Do you think that eating healthy is expensive? Many people do but in fact, it can cost less when you take the time to find coupons and discounts for healthy food. Watch my video below where I explain 25 places where you can find coupons and discounts for healthy food. You will be surprised at where you can find ways to save money on healthy food.
Vitacost– Use this link to get $5 free with your first $25 purchase.
Which place surprised you the most? Comment below and let me know.