Chiropractic and acupuncture can be great for your overall health and they can help with a wide variety of health conditions that cannot easily be cured with traditional medicine. They can also help your body to heal faster and can help with chronic pain. However, many western medicine doctors are skeptical of them and in some cases may even be very much against their patients recieving chiropractic and or acupuncture treatments.
1. Chiropractic and acupuncture can reduce and in some cases eliminate your need for drugs. This is especially true if you are using drugs for asthma, allergies or pain since these are three of the top conditions that chiropractic and acupuncture can help with.
2. There are many conditions that they can’t really treat that acupuncture and chiropractic can. Examples include: food allergies, PMS and cramping, low back pain, stomach pains, and quiting smoking and other addictions.
3. These treatments are proven to work and to be safe for most people. You do however, have to be careful with chiropractic if you have had back surgery, you have osteoporosis, or you have a risk for strokes.
4. Chiropractic and acupuncture can cost less over the long term. In the short-term they may cost more depending upon your insurance but over the course of your lifetime, they can save you a lot of money by preventing additional health conditions, avoiding drugs and more.
5. If you use chiropractic and acupuncture regularly, then you won’t need their doctor services as often.
Many people that I have met or talked with know that they need to see a chiropractor in order to solve their back pain and back problems or in some cases knee pain, headaches and other issues. That said, many of them are also hesitant to go to one either because of previous bad experiences or because they don’t know what to expect or they have heard bad things from others about chiropractors. While I can understand their concerns, I have personally used chiropractic as an important part of my health and wellness plan for three and a half years now and I will never stop going because of how much better I feel. I get sick less often. I seldom have back pain any more whereas my back hurt all the time before. My asthma is pretty much gone. Not exclusively because of chiropractic. I also use essential oils and stopped taking drinking cow’s milk and these things helped too but chiropractic is a big part of it. I sleep better, have more energy and overall I am in a lot less pain. I am allergy free most of the time again not exclusively because of chiropractic but it has helped. If you are in pain, I can’t recommend enough to you that you find a good chiropractor and give it some time to work for you.
Here are some ideas on how to choose a good chiropractor:
1. Get recommendations from friends and family. I found mine my asking my mom. While she doesn’t go to mine because she has had back surgery and has to go to a specialist, nearly everyone else in my family goes to the same chiropractor. Even if no one in your family has a chiropractor they use, chances are good they know as least one that someone they know has used.
2. Find a few that are located in a location convenient to you and call and ask if they offer a free or extremely discounted evaluation. Many chiropractors do and it is worth your time to visit more than one if necessary.
3. Find out exactly what you need and research chiropractors to make sure that you find one that offers what you need. While all chiropractors have basic services they offer, some even offer additional services such as weight loss programs, allergy testing, drawing blood and evaluating your overall health, recommending supplements and herbal remedies, massages etc.
4. Don’t be afraid to switch chiropractors if you deem it necessary. Some can be too pushy or try to upsell you things that you don’t need. Keep in mind though that it is normal to need 2-3 visits per week for your first 6-8 weeks of treatment, 1 visit per week for 1-2 months after that, and 1 visit every 1-2 weeks forever. In order for chiropractic treatment to work and to be lasting you need an adjustment regularly. You can’t get them for a short time and then stop. That is just the way your body and spine works.