Have you thought about starting an essential oils home based business? Or maybe you haven’t but you find the idea interesting. If so keep reading because in this post I’m going to tell you all about how to start an essential oils home based business and make it successful. I’ve had my own essential oils home based business for over 7 years now. (I started in July 2011) and it has honestly been one of the best things I’ve ever done.
So how exactly do you start an essential oils home based business and make it successful?
Well there are a couple different ways to do it. You could try and make your own essential oils and sell them and from time to time I see this question asked on Quora and on other online forums. However, I don’t recommend you try this. Making your own essential oils is hard and it’s even more difficult to make them of a high quality and purity. Instead I recommend you partner up with a company who is already making them and selling them. Personally I’m with Doterra and that is what I recommend, although there are other options out there.
First you must begin by enrolling with a membership and getting some oils to start using and sharing.
Now of course, this is only the first step.
Next I recommend you make a complete list of all of your friends and family and anyone else with whom you would like to share your essential oils.
Then you should host 1-2 in person classes, open houses or events and invite all of these people. You want to focus on the products first and the business second. You should also attempt to do one on one meetings with anyone who can’t make it to your classes, or invite them to host their own class. If you have people who are long distance from you, you can invite them to a facebook class or webinar. I like to use zoom.us to do either video chats or webinars.
You should ask the person who enrolled you to help you with these. (If you join me, I will reach out to you and make sure you get the help you need.)
You also want to go through your Live, Share and Build guides from Doterra. Your sponsor should also help you do this.
Once you have completed these steps then you want to create a long term plan for growing your home based essential oils business beyond friends and family.
Here are some of the best ideas to chose from:
1. Facebook live- when done effectively these can work very well.
2. Facebook classes- you can chose from a variety of topics and I can help you.
3. Use linkedin to reach out to professionals and ask them to take a look at your business.
4. Learn how to use instagram to promote your business via pictures.
5. Start a blog- If you join me then I will help you with this after you reach the level of elite.
6. Share oils while lifestyling- make samples and share them with people you meet while you are out and about.
7. Attending networking meetings with other business people and share with them and ask for referrals.
8. Find other groups on meetup.com and attend and share.
9. Make videos and post them on youtube and other video sites.
10. Attend vendor events, boutiques and other similar evants.
These are just a few of the best ideas for promoting your home based essential oils business. If you join me, then I will help you think of more.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.