Do you struggle with healthy eating motivation? Do you find it hard to eat healthy while still avoiding foods that you can’t eat? Or maybe you struggle with feeling deprived because of the foods you can’t have? While these feelings are normal, it doesn’t mean that you can’t stick with healthy eating. Here are some tips to help with healthy eating motivation:
- Have long term goals for your health. Why are you changing your diet? What do you hope to accomplish with your health by giving up gluten, dairy or anything else that you are giving up? Keep your health goals at the front and center of your life by writing them down, carrying them with you on an index card, or on your phone. Find ways to remind yourself of your why for healthy eating.
- Find an accountability partner to help you. If possible you want to find someone who is following the same eating plan as you. For example, someone who is also gluten free or who has the same diet limitation as you.
- Hire a health coach. Helping you with healthy eating motivation is one reason to hire a health coach.
- When tempted to blow it, remember how you feel when you cheat and eat something you know you shouldn’t. If your symptoms are severe enough, then you won’t even be tempted. This is what finally motivated me to give up gluten in 2013. See my story at How I Finally Gave Up Gluten and You Can Too.
- Get help from friends and family. This can be difficult especially when you are new to healthy eating and to eliminating one or more foods from your diet. However, if you do it right and ask for their support you can get them to help you, while it might take awhile eventually most people will help you rather than hinder you.
What else have you done to get healthy eating motivation? Share your ideas in the comments below.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Schedule a time now for our free chat
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.