Have you ever tried using bath salts you bought at the store only to get an allergic reaction or rash the next day? This has happened to me several times and so I finally figured out how to make some allergy bath salts so that I could relax and enjoy a bath.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
1. Different kinds of salts can cause reactions in different people depending upon the sensitivity of your skin. So make sure that you choose the right kind of salt.
2. Make sure that you use a salt that is pure and that has only salt in it and not additional chemicals or additives.
3. Avoid using perfumes or dyes with your salts.
4. Use only pure therapeutic essential oils to add scents to your salts.
Get a detailed recipe at Make your own bath salts.
Buy some bath salts.
Have you ever thought about cooking with essential oils? I know I never did until a few months ago when I began researching it. That said, I now love cooking with them and here are a few tips you can use to cook with essential oils successfully.
1. Make sure that whatever essential oil you use to cook with is safe to use. You cannot just use any and ever oil and many store bought brands are harmful when digested so you need to read the directions on the bottle and make sure you can use it.
2. For best results use only essential oils that you would use the herb equivalent of in cooking. Examples include black pepper, rosemary, cilantro, lemon and orange.
3. Be careful and use only a few drops. If you put in too much you will get a very strong taste.
4. Add the oil midway through cooking. If you add it at the beginning it doesn’t work as well from my experience and if you wait until your food is already cooked then the flavor doesn’t absorb as much into the food.
5. Experiment with different combinations and see what works best for you.
Did you know that essential oils can be used for cleaning?
In fact many essential oils can do a more effective job than other cleaners. Not only that but they are safe, whereas traditional cleaners have chemicals in them that can harm you.
Here are some ways you can use Essential Oils for cleaning:
1. Use lemon essential oil to wash fruit and vegetables.
2. Use lemon essential oil to clean your kitchen and bathroom. Put a few drops in a spray bottle with water.
3. Use melaleuca essential oil to clean your toilet and showers. Melaleuca or tea tree oil is a natural cleaner and cleanser.
4. Use Wild orange essential oil blend to kill germs on doors, and surfaces.
These are just a few of many ideas on how you can use essential oils for cleaning.