Have you ever considered making an immune health smoothie? If not, you really should. You’ve probably seen immune health juices and powders for sale at the store, however, these can be pretty expensive. Making your own immune smoothies at home can be a better way to have a strong and healthy immune system without the high cost of these juices and powders.
However, it can be tough to know exactly how to make an immune health smoothie and what ingredients to put in it.
Here are some tips on how to make an immune health smoothie:
- Avoid any sugar or ingredients with added sugar. This includes protein powders (many of them have sugar) and other add ins. Sugar in an immune smoothie voids it out and defeats the purpose of drinking the smoothie in the first place.
- Include more vegetables than fruits. You want to have some fruit for sweetness and to make it taste better but you want to avoid too much. An example would be 1/2 a banana and 2-3 strawberries with a large handful of spinach, kale or other greens.
- Add in superfoods that are good for your immune health. This includes things such as turmeric, ginger, lemon, lime, hemp seeds, chia seeds and similar things.
- Avoid adding in too many ingredients. Personally I like to use 4-6 things. An example of my favorite immune health smoothie recipe is the following: handful of spinach, 2-3 strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1 tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp of chia or hemp seeds, and 1 cup of almond or coconut milk. However, you can also make an even simpler and in some cases more effective smoothie by just mixing almond or coconut milk with 1/2 banana and turmeric.
- Start with the end in mind. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish with your smoothie? Are you actually sick right now? or just hoping to prevent coming down with something? If you are actually sick right now, then adding in some probiotic powder, vitamin C powder, zinc powder and or vitamin D powder may also be a good idea.
- Have fun and experiment with different ingredients to see what works for you and what combinations taste good.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.