Have you ever thought about cooking with essential oils? I know I never did until a few months ago when I began researching it. That said, I now love cooking with them and here are a few tips you can use to cook with essential oils successfully.
1. Make sure that whatever essential oil you use to cook with is safe to use. You cannot just use any and ever oil and many store bought brands are harmful when digested so you need to read the directions on the bottle and make sure you can use it.
2. For best results use only essential oils that you would use the herb equivalent of in cooking. Examples include black pepper, rosemary, cilantro, lemon and orange.
3. Be careful and use only a few drops. If you put in too much you will get a very strong taste.
4. Add the oil midway through cooking. If you add it at the beginning it doesn’t work as well from my experience and if you wait until your food is already cooked then the flavor doesn’t absorb as much into the food.
5. Experiment with different combinations and see what works best for you.
Enjoy!Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me