Do you struggle with stress and fatigue? I know I do from time to time and have discovered a variety of strategies to help me leave stress and fatigue behind and live a live of higher energy.
Here are the seven steps I’ve found to help me leave stress and fatigue behind.
- Recognize the root cause or causes of your stress and fatigue. Why are you experiencing stress and fatigue? If you are like most people, there may be more than one reason and you may have a hard time figured out all of the reasons. However, the first step to eliminating or at least reducing stress and fatigue is to find and acknowledge the sources.
- Once you have figured out why are are stressed and fatigued, then you need to create a plan as to what you will do to fix this. For some people it may be a journey rather than a simple solution. For example, I have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and being fatigued is a part of this. So I’m not going to be able to really get rid of all my fatigue until I get my Hashimoto’s into remission. However, if you don’t have an autoimmune condition, then you will have an easier time reducing your fatigue.
- Recognize what situations, people, and other circumstances increase your stress and fatigue. I find it helpful to make a list of these as part of being able to gain control of these.
- Decide what you can do to avoid or reduce the situations you listed in number three. In some cases you won’t be able to completely avoid them. In other cases you may need to make a major life change like get a different job, move to another state, and so on. While making major changes like this might be difficult, in some cases, it might be necessary in order to really leave behind stress and fatigue.
- Take time on a regular basis for self care. Too often if you don’t take the time to take care of yourself then you will have more frequent stress and fatigue.
- Getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night or at least 6 nights per week. If you aren’t sleeping well most of the time then you need to figure out why and get some help.
- Get committed and determined that you won’t let stress and fatigue gain control of your life.