Did you realize that the food you eat can either give you energy or drain your energy?
That said, what are the best energy boosting foods? Watch the video below to learn more about ten energy boosting foods you can eat to have more energy.
Last week I wrote a post about the 10 things I always buy at Walmart, so today I thought I would write about the things I never (or almost never buy at Walmart.)
2. Meat- while I’m sure the meat at Walmart isn’t the worst, I prefer higher quality, antibiotic free, and organic when possible and most if not all of Walmart’s meats don’t fit this description. I prefer just about any other store over Walmart for meat.
3. Fruits and Vegetables- while I have bought an occasional fruit or vegetable here and there, I prefer to stick with Smiths (Kroger), Harmons, or Sprouts.
4. Candy- While Walmart’s candy isn’t horrible I prefer to get it elsewhere.
5. Most skin care products- With very few exceptions- Walmart’s skin care products are full of chemicals and aren’t the highest quality. I prefer either Doterra or Trader Joe’s for my skin care products.
6. Clothing- I’ve bought a few clothing items at Walmart and the quality just wan’t good. The items broke or tore really easily and you can find things just as good on sale and clearance at places like Macy’s or TJ maxx.
7. Vitamins- most vitamins at Walmart have sugar, frucose (a form of sugar) and chemicals and dyes listed as the first and often second ingredient. Yuck.
9. Most Gluten free mixes- For whatever reason these are expensive at Walmart. Usually at least $1-$2 more than elsewhere.
10. Dairy Free Milk- Nothing wrong with buying this at Walmart, it is just usually not a good deal.
What do you not buy at Walmart? Tell me in the comments below.
I really believe that everyone can eat healthy. Yes really. You can eat healthy even if you are broke. In fact, if you eat unhealthy, you will likely be broke even more over the long term due to medical bills and other costs. While I realize you may not believe me, keep reading and I will tell you how to eat healthy even if you are broke.
Some great resources to help you even further:
Jordan Page at FunCheaporFree.com
Livingonadime.com Great website with all kinds of recipes and tips for cooking well and (mostly healthy) without breaking the bank.
What other questions and or challenges do you have with eating healthy? Share with me in the comments below and I will reply back.
Are you trying to improve your healthy eating habits? Many people are and while it’s always a great idea, there are lots of pitfalls and healthy eating mistakes you can encounter if you aren’t careful. Here are 20 of the most common healthy eating mistakes.