Are you worried about your health in the future? I know most if not all of us are to one degree or another. That is just the reality of what we are facing not only with the pandemic that is currently happening as well as other viruses and illnesses that we may encounter in the future.
The reality is that you can’t 100% guarantee yourself that you won’t get sick in the future. Whether it’s with the coronavirus or with something else less severe or more severe. However, you can be proactive in taking care of your health and in doing whatever you can to strengthen your immune system and your overall wellness.
Here are 7 things to do right now to improve your health, be proactive with your health and put your mind at ease.
- Evaluate where you are when it comes to your health. How are you doing? Do you have any major health issues you need to address? What is your diet like? Do you eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily? Do you drink at least 8 glasses of water? Do you exercise regularly? Do you limit your sugar consumption? And so on. Be honest with yourself and write down where you are now. You can’t change your health without acknowledging where you are to start with.
- Decide what changes you are willing to make now and what changes you will make in the future. This is another big one. You must get real and honest with yourself about what health changes you are willing to make now and what changes you know will take time but that you will make later and when you will make those changes.
- Give up sugar or at least limit it. This does not apply to fruit and natural sources of sugar. You may also be able to still have a small amount occasionally but most if not all of us, could reduce our sugar consumption a lot.
- Get accountability. Making changes to your health can be hard and it helps to have a guide on the side to help assist you. You can ask a trusted friend or family member, or you may want to hire a health coach.
- Get help when needed. This is another must. You need to know when to seek out help and who to get it from.
- Start meditating. This can be very helpful to reduce stress and help improve your overall health. Read this post on how meditation and mindfullness have helped me.
- Be pro-active about your immune health- Making sure your immune health is the best it can be, is a must for helping your body to fight off any current and future illness you may encounter.
Do you have abundant health? If not, or if you think you could use some improvement in the area of your health, then keep reading. I truly believe that everyone can have abundant health even though it may be more difficult for some people. In fact, if you are doubting this, read my blog post on my other blog about My Journey to Overcome Challenges with Allergies.
That said, let’s get talking about how to have abundant health or how to at least increase your odds of having abundant health most of the time.
- Practice the law of the harvest with your health. You reap what you sow. For example, if you are always feeding your body with sugar, soda and processed foods, you may not be sick immediately but you will eventually sow seeds of poor health. On the other hand if you are always feeing your body with vegetables, lean meats and proteins and healthy fats, you will sow seeds of good health.
- Small actions bring big results. This is similar to number one but you get the idea. If you take small actions daily like drinking enough water, getting enough sleep and avoiding sugar, you will be healthier.
- Think positively about your health. How you think about your health can impact it. If you expect to feel good, then usually you will. If you expect to feel bad, then that will probably be the case as well.
- Limit stress. Stress is the number one cause of a lot of illnesses. While you can’t avoid stress all the time, you must do what you can to reduce it.
- Reduce sugar. Yes I know. You’ve already heard this but you are hearing it again. I’ve heard sugar referred to as the white death and they aren’t kidding. Sugar fuels flus, and colds and feeds cancer and other illnesses.
- Eat at least 5 vegetables per day. Yes this may seem like a lot but vegetables should make up at least 60% of your diet. My favorite way to make this work is by drinking green smoothies.
- Take time for meditation, prayer and relaxation. Yes these really are a must for abundant health. Take the time for these and your health and life will improve in a big way.
- Only use antibiotics and other drugs when absolutely necessary. We live in a world where most people are using antibiotics too much. While it’s almost impossible to avoid them 100% of the time, you can make them a rare thing. I actually went 23 years without using antibiotics so I know it can be done.
- Eat a well balanced diet. Just like some of the others, it comes down to what you eat. Eat well and balanced and abundant health will be yours for a much longer time than if you don’t.
- Avoid too much fast food. Yes I know it’s easier and can be very tempting to eat out and eat fast food but it really is a must that you limit it and even avoid it if at all possible. 95% of fast food really isn’t good for you and will contribute to weight gain and other health issues over the long term.
Do you struggle with winter wellness? Do you feel like you just feel off all winter? Or maybe you are looking for ways to avoid spending your Christmas vacation in bed with the flu or other nasty colds or winter illness?
Watch my facebook live below to learn about how you can make winter wellness simple. Get tips on how to stay healthy all winter long and what to do if you do get sick to recover faster. Winter wellness really can be a reality and it can be easier than you think.
Wellness Discovery Session
Porcelain Ceramic Neti Pot for Nasal Cleansing With 2 Sachet Neti Salt by HealthGoodsIn™
Major Pharmaceuticals Deep Sea Generic for Ocean Nasal Moisturizing Spray 1.5 oz, 3 Count
Comments? Questions? Did you learn something? I’d love it if you’d share your thoughts with me.