The food you eat and don’t eat can have a big impact on autism and adhd. While a diet won’t cure these conditions, it can make a big difference.
In the book The Autism & ADHD Diet: A Step-by-Step Guide to Hope and Healing by Living Gluten Free and Casein Free (GFCF) and Other Interventions the author shares his own experience with his son and gives practical advice on how to make this diet work for you or your child.
1. Eliminate dyes and preservatives. This includes red and yellow dye and common preservatives such as MSG.
2. Understand what gluten free and casein free means.
3. Know where to get these kinds of foods.
4. Understand the results you may get and understand that not every child or person will react in the same way.
5. Make changes in other non-food products such as hair care, cosmetics, supplements and more
6. Find alternatives to popular foods that have gluten or casein in them.
7. Prepare the entire family for the new diet.
There are also recipes and other diets to explore and information about how these can help autism and adhd.
Overall this is a great book for anyone considering the gluten free or the casein free diet.
Need more detailed help? Check out my Healthy Eating for Children with Autism Online CourseDid this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Schedule your free wellness consultation with me.
Join my facebook group- Essential Wellness and Gluten Free for Everyone