I love cooking with essential oils. They add a lot of flavor with just a drop or two and they work really well as replacements and more potent options instead of herbs. For example ginger oil instead of ginger, cilantro oil instead of cilantro, lemon oil instead of lemon juice etc.
Here are 10 of my favorite lemon essential oil recipes. For the recipes with meat and vegetables, I cook the ingredients together in a sauté pan with a little bit of water, and olive oil and then I add the lemon essential oil after the food is about 3/4 cooked. For the recipes with quinoa I cook the quinoa first in a rice cooker and then usually use it cold to cook it with the other ingredients. For the salads, I add a few drops on top. For the green smoothie, I add a few drops in with the other ingredients. For the lemonade I add 2-3 drops per 8 oz. of water.
1. Chicken, Potatoes and Broccoli
2. Salmon and Cabbage
3. Coconut milk, and bananna
4. Chicken, Rice and Broccoli
5. Quinoa, shrimp and peas
6. Quinoa, chicken and peas
7. Salad, tomatoes, tuna, eggs
8. Green smoothie- lemon is good inside any kind of green smoothie
9. Spinach, broccoli, carrots, onions, mushrooms and other vegetables roasted.
10 Lemonade without sugar- water lemon oil and some honey or liquid steevia.