1. Be committed. It’s not easy to live allergy free. You must be committed to making it happen.
2. Plan ahead. This is the number one reason I relapse and eat things I know I am allergic to and end up having allergic reactions.
3. Be open minded and willing to try new things.
4. Create an allergy free menu with your favorite allergy free foods and keep your cupboards and fridge stocked with them.
5. Recognize when you need professional help and get it.
6. Create an in home environment that allows you to live allergy free. This includes using allergen free bedding, having a diffuser and or a humidifier, and taking the other steps necessary to have an allergy free home.
7. Take the time to experiment and know that you won’t be allergy free overnight.
8. Get support from others who also have allergies.
9. Use natural allergy remedies. Traditional allergy medication is not good for you and will not work long term.
10. Take small steps toward being allergy free. One step at a time.