Many people are surprised when I mention essential oils and aromatherapy as the number one thing that has helped me to manage my allergies. If you have read my story or followed my blog for any length of time, then you know that I have chronic seasonal allergies that aren’t really seasonal as they usually last all year long, as well as hayfever and I’m allergic or intolerant in one form or another to about 50 different foods, or chemicals. This makes managing allergies a real pain. That said, here are ten reasons why I’ve found that aromatherapy is the best solution for managing allergies naturally.
1. Essential oils are both antibacterial and antiviral thus making them very powerful forms of medicine.
2. Sinus infections are a major problem for any people with allergies and essential oils can help fight against these.
3. While it might seem contradictory many oils are made from herbs or plants that people are sometimes allergic to and some exposure can reverse allergies. Lavender is a good example. Many people are allergic to lavender yet lavender is one of the most powerful oils for healing from allergies.
4. The cost per dose is inexpensive when compared to other solutions for managing allergies. I used to spend about $60 a month on over the counter allergy meds. Now my oils cost me about $20 a month for managing my allergies.
5. Aromatherapy is based on smell and smell is very powerful for many things and allergies are no exception.
6. There is a variety of options on how to manage allergies with aromatherapy. You are not limited to one formula like you are with other medications or herbs. If the lemon, lavender, peppermint blend which is the number one formula for allergies doesn’t work, then you can use something else.
7. Aromatherapy can be used for a variety of allergies. It works great for seasonal allergies, but it also works really well for sinus allergies, and as a natural epi pen of sorts for food allergies.
8. Many allergens are in the air and so getting and keeping clean air is crucial for managing allergies. Essential oils can be put into a diffuser and when used on a consistent basis can assist in removing allergens from the air.
9. Skin care and bath and body products can be a major source of skin allergies and rashes and essential oils can safely and effectively be used on the skin as a way to cleanse and smell great without allergic reactions.
10. I’ve tried everything you can think of to manage my allergies and essential oils worked the best for me. I don’t know all the reasons why, they just do.
Have you used aromatherapy for allergies? What were your results? Please comment and share.