Why did I go grain free and how can you succeed with a great free diet? Keep reading and I’ll share with you why I’ve gone grain free and how to succeed with a grain free diet.
While there are a variety of reasons why I’ve decided to go grain free, my diagnosis of Hashimotos in January is the number one reason. There is a lot of research about the benefits of a grain free diet for thyroid problems. In addition, I have discovered that I don’t digest grains well, they make me tired and I need to loose weight and going grain free will help me.
Here are some reasons why you may want to consider a grain free diet:
1. Grains are inflammatory and hard to digest for most people
2. Going grain free can help you to have more energy
3. Most grains are highly processed and really not very good for you.
Here are some tips to help you succeed with a grain free diet:
1. Plan ahead- This is huge for any diet or lifestyle change, but when going grain free, it is even more important as grains are in a lot of the foods we eat in our modern day diet.
2. Buy grain free snacks- This is a must for sticking with a grain free diet on the go. Lara bars, nut packs and fruit are some of my favorites.
3. Look on Pinterest, Yummly and other sites for grain free recipes. We are really lucky with the internet and technology to have a lot of resources available to help us find grain free recipes quickly and easily.
4. Research recipes for AIP which is grain free among other things. The AIP or autoimmune paleo diet is grain free but also excludes other things. However, you can find quite a few good recipes by looking up information and cookbooks for people who are following this diet.
5. Get support from others- This is always helpful no matter what diet or lifestyle change you are on.
6.Plan on not eating out and bringing your own food to parties and dinners. When eating a grain free diet, you will find that most of the time you will not be able to eat out or at parties or what you can eat will be very limited.