Are you wondering how to improve gut health naturally? or maybe you are wondering what exactly is gut health? If so, keep reading. While it can get more complicated, at it’s basic level gut health is one of the cornerstones of good health. If you have gut health, then you won’t have a lot of allergies, auto-immune diseases or other illnesses. Your gut is what can be considered the gateway to health. A healthy gut equals a healthy body. If you are really clueless about gut health, a good book I recommend to read to start is Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It.
In this book, Dr. Josh Axe gives you all kinds of great information about how to improve gut health naturally and he gives you a great explanation about your gut, what it is, how it impacts your brain and the rest of your health and much more.
That said, while I highly recommend the book, you still want me to give you some tips without reading a book on how to improve gut health naturally right? If not, then you wouldn’t continue reading this post.
So here you go:
- Stop taking antibiotics whenever possible. These really should be a last resort and used only when all else fails and after you have already been sick for at least 10 days.
- Take a probiotic daily. It needs to be one with a very high strain count. I recommend at least 5 billion CFU. I highly recommend PB assist by Doterra. (not just because I sell it but because it is really great and unique. It actually has two casings, one that dissolves as you are swallowing and another that dissolves inside your stomach. So you actually digest the full amount of the probiotic strains and not only a part of it like you do with 95% of the probiotics on the marketplace. )
- Give up gluten for at least a month. Ideally and if you have any chronic conditions or auto-immune issues, you will go gluten free for good but a month is the minimum. You will also need to do a cleanse for at least 10 days every 3 months and give up gluten during that time as well.
- Give up sugar for at least a month. This does not include fruit and honey but rather white refined sugar specifically.
- Give up dairy products for at least a month and maybe longer if you are really sensitive to them.
- Increase your intake of probiotic foods. This includes things such as kombucha, pickles, dairy free yogurt, apple cider vinegar etc.
- Drink or eat bone broth daily. You can either make your own by boiling organic bones or you can buy some to drink. Sprouts has some great bone broths that aren’t very expensive.
- Know that improving gut health naturally is a process and it will take time but your improved health is worth it.
Questions? Comments? Share with me in the comments below and I’d love to help you.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.