1. Breathe- yes really take time to breathe deeply and inhale and exhale.
2. Reconsider your options. If you are trying to follow a special diet with your child and have him or her involved in multiple therapies at once, you may want to reconsider what you are doing with your child with autism. You may be overwhelming yourself and your child.
3. Explore your options for respite. There are options in just about every state that you may not be aware of. You can search online for respite and the name of your state and find resources you can use to give yourself a break of caring for your child with autism.
4. Consider your options for getting help with your other children. If you have one child with autism but you have four children total, then you might find some relief by seeking help with the care of your other children. Doing this will give you the time and energy you need to focus more on helping the child with autism.
5. Join a support group for moms of children with autism. You may or may not be able to find one in your area. Some places to look include Facebook, meetup.com, and simply searching in Google. You can also ask around at your church and at school. If you can’t find one in your area, consider starting one. Many other parents will be glad you did and will usually volunteer to help.
6. Take a break. It’s okay to take a break every once in a while. For your health and for the health of your child you may need to relax for awhile.
7. Schedule a girls night out with a few friends and stick to it no matter what. Find someone to help you with your child whether it’s a friend, neighbor, family member, respite worker or other person.
8. Make sure you are getting all the help you need. I’m happy to help with the health and diet area. Go to schedule a free wellness consultation and let’s chat.
10. Last but not least, know that you can do it. You can raise a happy, healthy and successful child with autism. Yes it will be very hard at times but if you do your best, you will make it happen.Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, pinterest, or google plus.