Have you ever cooked buckwheat? If you are like most people you probably haven’t ever even heard of it, yet actually learned how to cook buckwheat. So here are a few tips and recipes on how to cook buckwheat and make it taste delicious.
1. Cooking with buckwheat is similar to cooking with wheat but unlike wheat, buckwheat is actually gluten free. Even though it has the word wheat in it, it is gluten free. Buckwheat does not have any wheat or gluten in it, as it comes from a completely different plant.
2. It works great for making pancakes, waffles, muffins and similar bakery items. However, because it does not have gluten in it, if you try to make any of these things without adding xanthun gum or some other kind of sticky substance to keep it from falling apart, it won’t work like you had hoped.
3. Buckwheat can be used in blends to bake bread. For example you can combine it with almond flour, coconut flour, millet flour, etc. It’s not great by itself.
4. Buckwheat is often used with millet flour in cookies such as the Enjoy Life cookies that I reviewed at: Enjoy Life Allergen Free Cookies Review.
5. It also makes a great cereal. You can boil it in water just like oats or millet and then after it is cooked you can add in honey, or brown sugar and enjoy with some nuts, fruits, and or coconut or almond milk.
Here are some great links to some buckwheat recipes.help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, pinterest, or google plus.