Are you using an autism diet with your child? (there are many options but usually the autism diet refers to gluten free and casein free- the most popular autism diet). If so you probably struggle with finding healthy autism diet breakfast recipes. Here are some of the best ones I have found and tried.
1. Vegetable egg omlette. You make this by cooking vegetables and eggs together. You can experiment with lots of vegetables. Use the ones your child likes the best. If your child is picky and you are struggling to get him or her to eat vegetables, then you may want to try cauliflower since this one is more mild. You can also try sprinkling nutritional yeast on top since it looks and tastes like cheese even though it isn’t.
2. Gluten free bread toasted with coconut oil or a nut butter and a glass of nut milk.
3. Gluten free cereal- nowadays a lot of these exist. You can use something like a granola or boxed cereal or make some gluten free oats. Gluten free oats taste great with some honey, nut milk and fruit like berries or raisins.
4. A fruit smoothie- you can use banana and berries with nut milk and even try sneaking in a little bit of spinach or kale for some greens.
5. Fried potatoes-use olive oil or coconut oil to avoid dairy with some eggs. Even the pickiest eater will like this autism diet breakfast recipe.
Got a favorite? Share it with me in the comments below.