I was craving something different for breakfast so I decided to experiment with making some gluten free pancakes using both buckwheat and amaranth flours. I’ve made buckwheat gluten free pancakes before but never tried making them with amaranth flour. I happened to have some amaranth flour I bought on sale a few months ago from Vitacost and wanted to put it to good use. The result is the following recipe. Note: I was so hungry I ate all the pancakes without taking a picture, so the picture isn’t my pancakes but they did look a lot like those in the picture.
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Cup Amaranth Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Non-Dairy Milk (I used Almond Milk)
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil ( I used olive oil but coconut oil or others would work good.)
- Optional: cinnamon- I mixed in a few tablespoons
- Mix together everything.
- Spoon out or ladle out onto a medium hot griddle, sprayed with cooking spray and cook until bubbles are well-formed around the edges of pancakes, turn and cook other side. Serve with warn maple syrup, or raw honey, fresh fruit or applesauce.
Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.