A large part of living allergy free and chemical free is to learn how to effectively use common everyday items for cleaning, body care, and health in ways that enable you to avoid the usage of chemical loaded products. Baking soda is one of these every day items. Here then are 15 ways you can use baking soda.
1. Add a little bit to shampoo to create a clarifying shampoo. This saves money because you don’t have to buy two different kinds of shampoo and it makes it so that you regular shampoo will last longer.
2. Put a tablespoon of baking soda on the bottom of your shower and add a few drops of eucalyptus or ylang ylang essential oil and inhale while showering to relive decongestion.
3. Throw a few tablespoons on the carpet to soak up urine or other unpleasant spills and messes.
4. Mix a few drops of your favorite essential oil with baking soda and use as a natural body scrub.
5. Mix with Washing Soda and Lemon or Lime Essential Oil for a natural dishwasher detergent.
6. Mix with a few drops of lavender essential oil. Poor into ice cube trays, and freeze then use the shapes as fizzes in the bathtub.
7. Keep some on hand for throwing on top of grease fires or really any kind of fire.
8. Mix with a few drops of peppermint oil and use it to get rid of or repeal ants and other bugs.
9. Add a few tablespoons to warm water and use it to wash your bathtub, sink or toilet. Add a few drops of lemon or lime essential oil to increase the pleasant smell.
10. Use it in your hair after shampooing as a replacement for conditioner.
11. Mix it in equal parts with borax and washing soda to create a natural laundry detergent. Add a few drops of a citrus or peppermint essential oil to make your clothes smell great.
12. Mix a few tablespoons with corn flower and essential oils to make a sweet smelling and natural body lotion or body powder.
13. Mix with warm water and drink to help with heartburn or stomach pains.
14. Mix a few tablespoons with your favorite essential oil and store in a small plastic container. Use it like a natural bath or body wash while in the bath or shower.
15. Mix with warm water and lemon or lime essential oil and use it to clean your kitchen floor.