What are the best autism books every parent of a child with autism must read? Here is a list of what I consider to be the top 10 autism books every parent must read.
1. Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: This comprehensive book talks all about how to heal from allergies, asthma, adhd and autism without drugs. It also includes information on what the author who is a doctor believes is causing these disorders.
2. The Autism ADHD Diet– a book all about how to help reduce the symptoms of autism and adhd through diet, this autism book also has recipes.
3. The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder– A classic guide to helping you understand and work with your child’s sensory processing issues.
4. The Autistic Brain: Helping Different Kinds of Minds Succeed– This is a great book by Temple Grandin foremost expert on autism all about the different kinds of brains of individuals on the autism spectrum and how to help each kind of autism brain to succeed and thrive in life. If you have a child on the autism spectrum and this is the only autism book you read, make it this one.
5. Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism This is a great book on how to see autism through new eyes.
6. Engaging Autism: Using the Floortime Approach to Help Children Relate, Communicate, and Think (A Merloyd Lawrence Book) Learn about how to use floortime therapy to help your child with autism spectrum disorder.
7. Eating for Autism: The 10-Step Nutrition Plan to Help Treat Your Child’s Autism, Asperger’s, or ADHD A comprehensive guide to nutrition and health for autism and ADHD. Learn about how to help your child with healthy eating and good nutrition.
8. Almost Autism: Recovering Children from Sensory Processing Disorder: A Reference for Parents and Practitioners This book was written by another Integrative Nutrition Health coach and is a great book for anyone with a child with sensory challenges.
9. Healing without Hurting: Treating ADHD, Apraxia and Autism Spectrum Disorders Naturally and Effectively without Harmful Medications A comprehensive look at how to help treat autism and similar disorders without drugs. This book is especially interesting because it was written by a former psychiatrist.
10. Raising a Sensory Smart Child Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues, Revised Edition-A great book for helping your child specifically with sensory issues.
Have you read any of these autism books? If so, which one is your favorite?Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Schedule your free wellness consultation with me.
Join my facebook group- Essential Wellness and Gluten Free for Everyone