Are you considering putting your child on the gluten free casein free diet? If so there are some questions you really need to ask and answer before you do it.
1. Why? Why are you putting your child on this diet? In order for you to succeed and in order for the gluten free casein free diet to be a success you need to know why you are doing it. If the answer is because your peers who have children with autism or sensory issues are doing it, that is not good enough. You need to have a strong and powerful why.
2. Is it necessary? Does your child really need to follow the gf cf diet? I’m not one of those people who believes that this diet can help all children with autism or sensory issues. It does work for some but not necessarily for all. So you need to be sure that your child really needs it.
3. What results are you looking for? This is one of the most important questions to ask because you need to be crystal clear about your expectations. Are they realistic? For example, if you are expecting this diet to cure your child’s autism, then your expectations are not realistic. However, if you are expecting your child to have less gas and fewer digestive issues, then that is a realistic expectation.
4. How committed are you? Following a gluten free casein free diet is hard for anyone but it is even more difficult for children, so you better be 100% committed. If you aren’t, it won’t work.
5. What will be your biggest challenges? You need to prepare in advance for these and know that you will have them.
6. Is your family on board? This is a must especially if you have other children who are used to eating a different way and if you are going to require all of them to eat that way. It is also a must if you are married and have a spouse. He or she must be in agreement for this to work fully.
7. Do you have the extra money to pay for it? While this diet does not have to cost a fortune and there are ways to reduce costs, it will probably cost you some extra money and you need to be prepared for this and have it in your budget.
8. What kind of help will you need? This is something too many moms or parents don’t think about and the reality is that you will need help from someone or sometimes multiple people. You may chose to hire a health coach like me, or you may also need to see a holistic chiropractor, naturopath or other professional.
9. Will you put other children or the whole family on it? If you have more than one child, you need to decide ahead of time if you will put your other children on the diet as well. It can be simpler and a big time saver to do it for everyone, but some of your children may not need it so you need to decide how you will handle having more than one child to feed while implementing this diet.
10. How long will you put your child on it? This is another thing too many parents don’t consider. Do you plan to keep your child on the gluten free casein free diet for 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, until he or she is 18?
Hopefully these questions have given you some things to think about. Sign up for a free wellness consultation with me if you want help.
Decided to try the gluten free casein free diet? Read my kindle book to help you do it successfully.
Need more detailed help? Check out my Healthy Eating for Children with Autism Online Course
Did this help you? If so, I would greatly appreciate a comment and a share on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, or pinterest.
Chat with me
Serious about wanting to work with me to help create better health and wealth in your life? Apply to join my home business team.